Monday, July 19, 2010

Cherry Frosting

This weekend, I decided to go with something elegant but intense at the same time, and ended up with this look featuring Fyrinnae eyeshadows:





Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, Fyrinnae Cherry Frosting, Fyrinnae Atomic Afterglow, Zoeva 88 Mattes palette, Girls Aloud lashes, CG Lash Blast, catrice liquid liner, Maybelline Expression kohl in white

I also wanted to share images of the cupcakes I made for my sister's and my birthday party last saturday (vanilla cakes with mango-passion fruit frosting):



Those of you who follow football probably know about Paul the psychic Octopus - I think he's great, so I made a cupcake dedicated to him (Paul is made of marzipan):


And some "classic" mini cupcakes:


As requested, here is the recipe:

Cake:
90 g butter
110g sugar
2 eggs
150g flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
60 ml milk OR passion fruit juice
1 tsp vanilla aroma

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted icing sugar
mango sirup
passion fruit juice
liquid vanilla

For the frosting, I used some green food colouring, Wilton's 1M piping tube, red currants and a sprinkling of icing sugar.